Q: Does my 2001 Mercedes need Motor mounts? How many motor mounts are there?

My car vibrate when i am stop at a light while still on drive. The vibration disappear when i am on neutral, or park

Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Your car has two motor mounts in the front and one transmission mount at the rear. The Front motor mounts soak up most of the engine vibration and last for about 10 or 12 years before they start to get a little hard. A good check for motor mounts is to carefully put a floor jack under the engine while the car is running and just take a little of the engine weight off of the mounts. If the car then stops vibrating, it’s a good bet that replacing the mounts will solve your problem. If you contact Your Mechanic, they can send a technician to your home or office to check your motor mounts for you right there on the spot.