Q: How do you use the turn signal lever?

How do you use the turn signal lever?

A: Your turn signals provide important informa...

Your turn signals provide important information for other drivers. They allow you to tell cars coming toward you and driving behind you that you intend to turn either right or left. You activate the turn signals with the turn signal lever. Here’s how to use it:

• Move the lever up to turn on the right side turn signal.

• Move the lever down to turn on the left side turn signal.

• Move the lever partially up or down and hold it to signal that you’re changing lanes (the turn signal will stop when you let go of the lever).

Tips

• You can only use the turn signals with the ignition on.

• If you notice that the turn signal indicator in your dash is flashing quickly, it means you have a blown bulb and it needs to be replaced immediately.