Q: How do you use the Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren system?

How do you use the Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren system?

A: Your car is equipped with the Lower Anchors...

Your car is equipped with the Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH) system. Basically, this is a set of anchor points that allow you to attach tethers from the car seat to the car itself, in addition to securing the seat with the seat belt. Here’s how to use the anchor points:

1. Locate the anchor points in the back seat. They can be found between the seat bottom and seatback.

2. Attach the tethers to the anchor points.

3. Remove all slack from the tethers.

Tips

• Follow your manufacturer’s directions regarding the LATCH system.
  • Never attach two car seats to the same anchor point.