Q: How do you use a tether to secure a child seat?

How do you use a tether to secure a child seat?

A: If your child’s car seat or booster seat in...

If your child’s car seat or booster seat includes a tether, it’s highly recommended that you use it. Tethers provide important security for both front and rear facing car seats, as well as booster seats of all sizes. Using the tether is also very easy. Here’s how:

1. Make sure the car seat or booster seat is positioned correctly

2. Locate the tether anchor point on the back of the rear seat in the car

3. Lift the plastic cover out of the way

4. If necessary, raise or remove the head restraint on the seat

5. Extend the tether and latch the hook over the anchor point

6. Remove the slack from the tether (follow the seat manufacturer’s directions)