Q: How do you program a MyKey with optional settings?

How do you program a MyKey with optional settings?

A: The MyKey® system allows you to set restric...

The MyKey® system allows you to set restrictions on many different things specific to individual keys. It’s great when you have teen drivers, or anyone who needs to learn responsible driving. Creating a MyKey sets the standard restrictions by default, but you can also add some optional ones. Here’s how to do that:

1. Use a normal key to start the car.

2. Press the Setup button.

3. Choose “Reset for MyKey settings.”

4. Press the Reset button and then release it.

5. You should now have access to the MyKey setup menu options.

6. Cycle through the options to choose the ones you want. Use the Setup button to skip optional items you don’t want to add. Use the Reset button to change settings you want from OFF to ON.

Tip

Setting the optional restrictions applies them to all MyKeys.