Q: How do you operate the headlamps?

How do you operate the headlamps?

A: Your car’s headlamps (or headlights, if you...

Your car’s headlamps (or headlights, if you prefer) are vital for driving during any time when visibility is low. That includes nighttime driving, dusk, dawn and driving during inclement weather (snow, rain, fog, etc.). Of course, you’ll need to know how to use them. It’s pretty simple. Here’s how:

1. Turn the headlamp dial to the right once to turn on your parking lights.

2. Turn the headlamp dial two settings to the right to turn on your Low Beams.

3. Use the turn signal lever to switch between your Low Beams and your High Beams (push the lever forward for High Beams and pull it backward for the Low Beams).

Tip

Your car is equipped with an auto-off feature for the headlamps. If you don’t manually switch them off when you turn off the ignition, they will turn off by themselves within a few minutes to prevent the battery from being drained.