Q: There is a high pitch noise coming from speakers when using the air conditioning.

when i turn the fan on the air conditioning, this high pitch noise comes on but music can still be heard over the top of it. Sometimes when the key is taken out and the car is locked you can still hear the high pitch noise.

A: Hi and thanks for contacting Your Mechanic....

Hi and thanks for contacting Your Mechanic. Check the ground wires to the fan motor. The noise is the current from the fan motor going through the speaker wires. The stereo may be mounted on the same ground as the fan motor. If the grounds are the same, simple relocate the grounds away from each other and the sound will quit. If you need further assistance with your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you with the noise with the speakers if you are unable to solve the problem.