Q: How do I tell if the Personal Safety System is active?

How do I tell if the Personal Safety System is active?

The Personal Safety System™ (PSS) and Restraints control module on your car help monitor and control the air bags, seat belts and other safety features that protect you and your passengers during an accident. If the system is working normally, you will not see any warning lights on the dash, other than the Air Bag Off light if no one is sitting in the passenger front seat, or if the front passenger is child-sized. However, there are a few things to know:

• If the light on the dash comes on and stays on, it means there’s a fault in the PSS or Restraint system.

• If the light does not turn on when you crank the engine, it indicates there’s a problem with the system.

• If you hear a series of five beeps, it indicates there’s a problem with the system (the beeping will continue until you have the system inspected and repaired).

3. How do I tell if the Personal Safety System is active?