Q: how do i replace or reprogram the etc?

The car was jumped on a bad battery. battery was replaced, then on first start the etc light came on and there is no throttle when the accelerator is pressed. the throttlebody was replaced with no difference. i believe the etc computer was corrupted with the jump or by disconnecting the battery.. How do i fix this issue? I am a mechanic, but don't deal with a lot of newer vehicles. do I need to take her to a dodge dealer for reprogramming, or can i do it? Thanks

A: Hello. This is either a failure in the modu...

Hello. This is either a failure in the module or a blown fuse. Both of them can occur if the vehicle was improperly jumped. I usually check the fuses first to see if they are all fine, especially those that provide power to the throttle body. If those are fine then a scan tool should be used to communicate with the throttle control module to see if it is functioning correctly. If it has failed then it will need to be replaced and programmed using the right scan equipment. If you are planning to have this repaired, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the issue and replace a blown fuse or the throttle controller if necessary.