Q: How do I fix my hydro-locked car?

I hit a puddle about halfway up my grill and my engine just shut off immediately. I got it towed. Battery power works fine but it will not crank. The alternator and belt moves a bit when i turn the key but then stops after a couple seconds. I believe water went up the intake and into my cylinders (i can not confirm this because i havn't checked for sure). Would it be possible for me to take my spark plugs out, attempt to crank, and hopefully water will shoot out the spark plug ports resulting in draining my cylinders of water completely (i saw this in a youtube video with an old volvo)?

An engine is a large air pump. It is best to remove the spark plugs and crank the engine over with the ignition and fuel system disabled. This will blow out all of the water from the engine. This will not cure any cracked or bent valves from the water entering the engine when it was running. If the engine shakes after pumping out the water, then I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your engine.