Q: How do I use my manual rearview mirror?

How do I use my manual rearview mirror?

Rearview mirrors are a great tool to have when changing lanes and reversing your vehicle. You can find your rearview mirror on your car’s ceiling, centered above your console, at the front. If you need a better view of what’s behind you, hold the rearview mirror at the bottom center angle left, right, up, and down as needed.

If your vehicle’s rear view mirror is manual, you may push the small tab on your mirror forward in the day, and pull out in the night to counteract glare from lights and headlights behind you.

Tip

If your vehicle is equipped with OnStar, you’ll find three OnStar control buttons at the bottom of your rear view mirror: On the left, a button with a phone symbol used to make, end, or answer a call; in the center, a button with an OnStar logo used to contact your OnStar advisor for directions and roadside assistance; on the right, a button with a cross symbol with a star in the center used to speak with an emergency OnStar provider to notify authorities about an emergency and get crisis assistance.