Q: How do I disconnect the front center seat belt?

How do I disconnect the front center seat belt?

A: In some models, the front center three-poin...

In some models, the front center three-point seat belt can be disconnected to free up storage space behind the seats. You need to detach the black latch plate from the black keyed seat belt buckle. Then, take the seat belt tongue and snap it into the red slot on the black buckle. At this point the black latch plate can be removed to provide more storage space. To reconnect the front center seat belt, simply reverse your steps. Make sure to reverse the steps entirely, or else the seat belt will not be secure, and anyone sitting in the front center seat will be at risk.

When you reconnect the front center seat belt, make sure that the belt is not at all twisted. If the belt is twisted, it will not be able to operate correctly, and the seat belt will not be a secure safety measure.