Q: How do I adjust the seats in a vehicle?

How do I adjust the seats in a vehicle?

Adjusting the seats not only improves comfort, but it allows the driver to position themselves to have maximum visibility. There are multiple layouts available for front seats in the vehicle:

1. In a model equipped with either a split bench seat or manual bucket seats, lifting the horizontal bar located by the occupants’ feet will allow the driver or passenger to move their seat back and forth freely, allowing them to adjust for legroom.
  • To lock the seats in place again, the bar simply has to be released. Moving back and forth can ensure that the seats are secured.
  1. In a model equipped with a bench seat the seat can be moved back and forth by lifting a lever under the seat and sliding the seat back or forth. It may be better to adjust the seat from outside of the vehicle with no one in the seat.
  • The bench seat can also be easily be folded to access items stored behind the seat. By pushing the seat back then folding it forward, while pulling on one of the release levers located on the bottom rear of the bench, the seat will fold over forward.

• To return the bench to its upright position, simple raise the seat until it clicks into place.

1. In a model equipped with power seats, there are several controls on the side of the seats facing their respective doors that can be used to adjust the seats in a number of directions:
  • The main control for the power seats is a rectangular piece of plastic that should be easy to feel from a natural sitting position in the seat.

• Moving the control forward or back will slide the entire seat in that direction, performing the job done by the horizontal bar located under the seats of truck with manually adjustable seats.

• Lifting or lowering the front of this control will lift or lower the front of the seat bottom. Lifting or lowering the rear of the control has the same effect on the rear of the seat bottom.

• Lifting or lowering the entire control will lift or lower the entire seat.

3. How do I adjust the seats in a vehicle?