Q: How can I know the exact motor I need to buy for a 2005 Honda Odyssey

I have to buy a new motor because the timing belt messed up pistons and the motor has a 200000+ miles and the guy said it's cheaper to buy a new motor than yto fix this this one. I need to know exactly what to look for to buy a motor.

Hi there - the engine in your Odyssey (and newer than 2005 Odessys) is a Honda "J35A7" engine code, 3.5 liters displacement. Make sure your supplier source documents that you are getting this specific engine model for compatibility. The engine code is usually stamped into the engine block where it is visible from above, but still may be difficult to locate.

3. How can I know the exact motor I need to buy for a 2005 Honda Odyssey