Q: hood won't open

I pulled the hood release inside the car and it stayed in the open position and I didn't hear the hood pop. how do I get my hood open on my 2000 Jeep Cherokee Classic?

The cable is stretched, this happens over time. What you will have to do is have an assistant pull the release handle from inside the keep while you gently bump the hood at its edge with your hand. Make a fist and gently bump it near the latch and see if it pops up. If this doesn’t work, try pulling up on the hood while the assistant is pulling the release handle.

Once the hood is up, lube the latch and see if you can loosen the latch and fit it in a position where there is less tension on it so the cable won’t have to work as hard to release it.

3. hood won't open