Q: High idling, check engine light on

Hello. My car is idling very high, at around 2500 RPM on average. The check engine light is illuminated as well. I checked if there are any vacuum leaks, but it's all fine. Also, I had the throttle body cleaned. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you.

A: The Check Engine Light being on indicates t...

The Check Engine Light being on indicates there is a problem and a code will have been set. Have the light checked for codes and then get a professional to thoroughly diagnose the Check Engine Light to see what fixes will solve the problem. The codes will most likely related to the symptoms that your car is exhibiting and will give the technician a great place to start when reviewing your vehicle. There are thousands of different possible codes and a high-level scanner is typically needed to make a correct diagnosis.