Q: Hi I'm having an issue with my brake lights not illuminating. The 3rd light, hazards, and all others are functioning correctly. I

I am having and issue with my brake lights not illuminating. My 3rd light works perfectly as well as the hazards so I've ruled out the brake switch. Also I've checked all fuses and bulbs. My car has an automatic transmission and around 150000 miles on it. What else could possibly be causing the issue?

The tail lamp housings themselves may be at fault. Inspect the wiring connector and plug into each housing. If they appear burnt, there may be faults with the circuit board inside each tail lamp assembly. Have a friend press the brake pedal while you use a test light to probe for power coming to the wiring connector. If power is not getting to the connector, then there is a break or short in the wiring between the brake light switch and the tail lamps. If power is getting to the plug, then the fault is in the tail lamp circuit boards. If that does not get you results, have a certified technician look into why the brake lights are not working to find the exact cause.

3. Hi I'm having an issue with my brake lights not illuminating. The 3rd light, hazards, and all others are functioning correctly. I