Q: Help me

So my car will go up to 2000 rpm when started then drop below 500rpms then goes between 1000rpms and 500rpms. If I'm driving it I have to keep it above 1000rpms or it'll die. Any ideas?

It is possible that your idle air control valve could be malfunctioning. The idle air control valve is responsible for adjusting the air flow to the engine during slowing down. If the idle air control valve is not performing as it should be, the symptoms you are describing are likely to occur. In order to resolve this issue, I would recommed enlisting in the assistance of a qualified mechanic to inspect and/or replace your idle air control valve.