Q: What does it mean when my all wheel drive light is on and my car won't start? 2003 Nissan Murano

My Nissan Murano 2003 says the all wheel drive is locked and the car won't start

Hello - I think you’re dealing with 2 separate issues here. The "AWD Locked" indicator simply means the "AWD Lock" switch is set to "On" or "Lock". toggle the Lock rocker switch, and the indicator msg should go out. The "Lock" setting should only be used when on icy roads, or when stuck at the beach. The AWD system is automatic otherwise - when wheel spin is detected. The "no start" condition could be caused from a number of problems - dead battery, gear shift lever not in Neutral or park, range sensor switch not detecting Neutral or Park, iignition switch problem, and so on. I recommend a no start inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. What does it mean when my all wheel drive light is on and my car won't start? 2003 Nissan Murano