Q: hello I just bought a used 1994 nissan altima. I am having a problem with it dying sometimes when i bring the car to a stop.

my car sometimes dies when i come to a stop or slow down. doesnt happen all the time. it has had the fuel filter replaced and is about to have the fuel pump replaced to hopefully fix this problem

Replacing a fuel pump can be an expensive "shot in the dark". If the vehicle has not been properly diagnosed and the furl pump found to be the culprit, you may spend a few hundred dollars on replacing something that may not correct the issue. Sure, low fuel pressure can cause stalling but there are numerous other faults that can as well. Does it stall when fuel is below a certain level ? If so, it can possible be the fuel pick up that is part of the fuel pump assembly. If it has a crack or break, then the pump can "suck air" through that break when the fuel level drops to a certain point. Other components such as a mass air flow sensor, coolant temperature sensor, or throttle position sensor - just to name a few - can cause stalling. A vacuum leak due to a broken / disconnected vacuum line, leaking intake manifold gasket, or cracked air intake tube can also cause vacuum leaks. It may save you money in the long run to have a certified technician look into the stalling issue to find the exact cause. Once installed, many parts - such as a fuel pump - cannot be returned

3. hello I just bought a used 1994 nissan altima. I am having a problem with it dying sometimes when i bring the car to a stop.