Q: Grinding sounds while driving at lower speeds only

My truck has been making grinding sounds when I drive it at lower speeds around 40 mph or less. Then the sounds would disappear and there are no other issues with it. It would run great at other speeds other than the 30-40 mph range. What could be the cause of this? Thanks.

The problem is with the transmission 2-3 or 3-4 gears in the transmission. The transmission would need to be inspected and diagnosed by a mechanic with transmission experience to see if the transmission is repairable or needs to be replaced. This is the most common cause of the noise but if it is not the transmission, the mechanic will still be able to determine the source of the sound once the diagnostic is done.