Q: got exhaust replaced now power steering went out same day are they related?

3 days ago I got my oil changed and today I got my full exhaust system replaced. I stopped for gas and when I was pulling away from the pump the power steering went out. When I pulled out of the mechanics lot I put on my air conditioner and went never blew cold air for a 25 minute ride. Can replacing the exhaust system mess with any of these two things?

Hi there. Doing the exhaust should not have anything to do with this. It sounds like a belt problem.

If a belt came off or is loose then it will affect the steering and the AC. I would check the belt first. If that is fine then it may be a coincidence or they may have damaged the rack and pinion during the exhaust installation. I would take it back to that shop that did the work to see if they did anything wrong.

3. got exhaust replaced now power steering went out same day are they related?