Q: got exhaust replaced now power steering went out same day are they related?

3 days ago I got my oil changed and today I got my full exhaust system replaced. I stopped for gas and when I was pulling away from the pump the power steering went out. When I pulled out of the mechanics lot I put on my air conditioner and went never blew cold air for a 25 minute ride. Can replacing the exhaust system mess with any of these two things?

Hi there. Doing the exhaust should not have anything to do with this. It sounds like a belt problem.

If a belt came off or is loose then it will affect the steering and the AC. I would check the belt first. If that is fine then it may be a coincidence or they may have damaged the rack and pinion during the exhaust installation. I would take it back to that shop that did the work to see if they did anything wrong.

• got exhaust replaced now power steering went out same day are they related?