Q: Won't crank?

Got a 02 chevy malibu 3100 just got back home went to crank n it make a clicking noise n a hissing noise and won't crank has been acting slow to crank for the last few days n put a new battery on it a couple months ago replaced fuel pump bout 3 weeks ago seen a lil smoke come from under hood but couldn't pin point were it was coming from bye myself I'm lost need help

Hi there. From the description you have provided, there may be a poor connection at the battery terminals. The replacement battery may have already failed. The alternator may not be properly charging the battery. The starter may be drawing too much current. Replacing components without proper diagnoses, can be expensive and time consuming without resolution. I recommend having your vehicle’s won’t crank be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. Won't crank?