Q: Good day, my car central lock key is not working and my car doesn't want to start. What can cause this?

Good Day ,My car central lock on key is not working and my car don't want to start what can course that? Nissan X trail 2005 manual petrol 2.5 engine spark plug spark on one time an gone later my battery run low voltage

A: Hello and thank you for contacting YourMech...

Hello and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. When the voltage on your vehicle is lower than 10.45, then the computer will lock out the ignition system. If the battery voltage is low, but higher than 10.45, then the key could have a battery issue and keep the chip in the key from activating the ignition system.

Check the condition of the battery and the battery cables for tightness. Make sure that there is no corrosion on the battery posts for that will cause the vehicle not to start. Check the locking button on the keyless remote and see if the locks are unlocking and locking. I recommend that getting a new battery for the key as it will help with the key activation to the ignition switch.

If you need assistance with your key issue, then seek out a professional, preferably a professional from YourMechanic to diagnose your car’s starting issue at the convenience of your home.