Q: Gear shift lever?

Hey i put a steering column in and gear shift lever is stuck in park like it was before the shift lever will move i can shift the lever but the actual transmission will be in park i just had to chok my wheels because my car rolled all the way across and the wheels moved freely as if it wasnt in park though! is the soleniod on steering column bad? I didnt put the soleniod in properly i kbow due to a stripped torx screw i couldnt get out i know the soleniod has to be pushed into work car starts fine key gets stuck nSomeone tried to steal my car and the neutral safety switch and shift interlock caused them to break my shift lever while in park could that have popped or broken shift linkages or shifter cables or even disconnect the shifter from the transmision what could cause this problem nothing is loose at the arm at the back of the steering column connecting shift cable to transmisson i just need help please by theway my car was towed backed in on a hill could that be ading extra stres

A: Hello. The gear shift lever can become stu...

Hello. The gear shift lever can become stuck in park for a variety of reasons. If one of the steering column components was not installed properly then that could be a possible reason as to why the vehicle is not shifting out of park. I would try to secure the solenoid properly to see if that has any effect on the shifting. A few other things to check would be any and all transmission linkage, as well as the stoplight switch, neutral safety switch, and the transmission mounted shift solenoids. it may also be possible that electrical issues are causing the problems. I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to (determine why the vehicle is not shifting into gear)[https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-does-not-shift-from-park-to-drive-inspection].