Q: Gauges not working

The RPM and temperature gauge are not working. This morning I noticed the speedometer had quit working also, though this afternoon it was working again.

A: This is a common issue. The instrument clu...

This is a common issue. The instrument cluster in your Hummer uses stepper motors to move the needles. Sometimes the stepper motors fail and wont work at all, and other times they give a crazy reading like needle in the negative position. In most cases the cluster needs to be rebuilt. While there are some technicians that specialize in this, the safest bet is to have a GM dealership assist you.