Q: Full system failure and no power to the vehicle

While driving a few days ago, my engine suddenly stalled without warning, and all the electronics failed with it, even down to the power door locks. The car acted as though both the battery and alternator had been removed. About 30 seconds later everything started up again and worked perfectly fine. This has happened two more times over the past couple days with no apparent pattern.

My car has an automatic transmission. 2003 Buick Rendezvous

Hi there. Check all of the grounds to the vehicle from the engine to the frame and from the chassis (body) to the frame. A faulty or loose ground will cause multiple issues with the engine and electrical systems. If all of the power is shutting off, then the main ground on the battery could be loose. Check to see if the battery has a good charge and not low on a charge. A low charged battery will cause the multiple issues with the vehicle. If you need further assistance with your engine stalling, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Full system failure and no power to the vehicle