Q: Fuel pump - 1998 Chevrolet Blazer

asked by on March 01, 2017

The car stalls at a half a tank twice it turned over but wood not start lights and all work could this be the fuel pump?

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote
Fuel Pump Replacement $129.49 - $1235.95 Get a Quote
Fuel Gauge Sender Replacement $128.79 - $1102.69 Get a Quote

hello - yes, this could be the fuel pump failing, but could also be the fuel pump fuse(s) or relay. Either of these would cause the fuel pump to stop working, even if it was good. I recommend a car not starting inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

Hi There, This may be an issue with your fuel pump or potentially your fuel tank sending unit. In the event that the sending unit is bad, this may be causing your tank to read half full when it is actually empty. As a result of running out of fuel, this may also damage the fuel pump as well. The fuel tank sending unit is a small float type component (or sensor) inside your fuel tank that measures the level of the fuel inside the tank. As the fuel level drops, this change is detected and relayed in the form of a signal to the car’s computer which then displays the reading on the fuel gauge in your dash. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and repair your fuel sending unit.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr