Q: Fuel pump always running - 1995 Chevrolet K2500 Suburban

I've noticed that the fuel pump on the vehicle never stops running. I checked if there are any leaks and I haven't found any. I checked if the fuses are worn as well. I tried pulling the relay out, but it's still running. The battery goes out after the car sat for the night. What might be causing the fuel pump to work continuously?

Your fuel pump relay is only used to power the fuel pump at startup. After the engine starts, the fuel pump receives power from the engine oil pressure switch on the lower left side of the engine. When fuel pump stays running after shut down, then disconnect the oil pressure switch to see if the pump shuts off. Replace the switch if it is shorted. If you would like, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your vehicle, the fuel pump and switch.