Q: Fuel filter loses its prime and the Check Engine Light is on - code P0907

After changing my fuel filter it now seems to loose it's prime. The check engine light is on and reads 0907. I can pump the filter up and it will start and run fine for a time.

A: It sounds like you may have an issue with y...

It sounds like you may have an issue with your fuel pressure regulator. If the fuel pressure regulator is malfunctioning, this can cause a loss of fuel pressure. If fuel pressure is lost or drops below the manufacturer’s specifications, the engine will not run as well if at all.

I would recommend hiring a qualified professional to test your fuel pressure with a fuel pressure tester, which will help to determine if your fuel pressure regulator is performing as it should be. If this is not the case, I would recommend having a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, replace your fuel pressure regulator. A mechanic can also diagnose the source of code P0907 that you are getting.