Q: Fuel filter loses its prime and the Check Engine Light is on - code P0907

After changing my fuel filter it now seems to loose it's prime. The check engine light is on and reads 0907. I can pump the filter up and it will start and run fine for a time.

It sounds like you may have an issue with your fuel pressure regulator. If the fuel pressure regulator is malfunctioning, this can cause a loss of fuel pressure. If fuel pressure is lost or drops below the manufacturer’s specifications, the engine will not run as well if at all.

I would recommend hiring a qualified professional to test your fuel pressure with a fuel pressure tester, which will help to determine if your fuel pressure regulator is performing as it should be. If this is not the case, I would recommend having a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, replace your fuel pressure regulator. A mechanic can also diagnose the source of code P0907 that you are getting.

3. Fuel filter loses its prime and the Check Engine Light is on - code P0907