Q: front right wheel making whistling/scraping sound.

I was told it needed new brake pads and rotors (even though this same shop just replaced these last fall), new lateral link, and new tie rod end outer left. Parts and labor plus an alignment would run me nearly $900. It feels like a bit much. I'm not entirely sure that's right or that the pads and rotor work is necessary. I bought most parts (tie rod end, rotors, pads) already for significantly lower price. Can you do the same work and double check that the rotors and pads?

Hi there. It is possible that the brakes can be causing this. If they are worn out prematurely then this will occur. It may also be a failing hub bearing. I have replaced both of these on this car for the same type of noises. If you would like to have a certified mechanic came to your home or office to diagnose this, you can contact YourMechanic to come and check out the noise your car is making.