Q: I drives Toyota corella S 2005 model.My check engine light is constantly on and I noiced there i

My Toyota Corolla S 2005 model check engine light is on and seems to have remained constant.its been like that for over six months.Although, it sometimes goes off on its own and comes back on later.Also,I think my fuel economy has reduced.What could be the problem and possible solution...JACKSON from Nigeria.

If the spark plugs have not been changed in 85K miles, then I suggest putting in new spark plugs. Also, you would need to put a fuel injection cleaner in the fuel tank to help clean out the fuel system for a more optimal system to have a better fuel mileage. Since the engine light is on, I suggest checking for any stored or pending codes to have a starting location for any diagnostic procedures. If you need further assistance with your check engine light being on, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. I drives Toyota corella S 2005 model.My check engine light is constantly on and I noiced there i