Q: My light came on sad reduce speed then when I cut the car off n start it again it's fine...but it acts like it's running rough..to

My light came on said engine reduce speed then it's all like it wants to die..then I can cut it off then when I start it it's fine..took it to auto zone and they ran the machine on it and he said it might be bad gas...drove it hone n it was fine...came on 2 times like that

Hello, and thank you for writing in. While bad gas does happen, in today’s market it is rare that you actually get bad gas. If anything, the fuel becomes tainted with water and other contaminants when gas stations are utilizing old storage tanks. It would be beneficial to know what troubleshooting codes were pulled when you had it scanned, because without them it is a guessing game. All we can tell from the reduced engine speed warning is that there is an operating error with the engine. This may be fuel, air, or spark related, but can also be caused by electrical and sensor faults. If you do believe you have bad gas, you will need to drain the tank. Otherwise, you should let the warning lights trip again (that when you know you have a code), and then have the vehicle scanned again by another location or tech. Use those codes to help you. If the issue does not recur, then it may have been a fluke. For further diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. My light came on sad reduce speed then when I cut the car off n start it again it's fine...but it acts like it's running rough..to