Q: Fixing damaged roof coating

How to fix loose roof coating? My girlfriend tried to clean it and it popped off and it now looks ugly.

She popped it off so you’ve got to find some good contact cement, put a ton of it on and glue the thing back on. If not, if it’s gone and it’s ugly, the only thing you can really do is get yourself sandpaper and sand it down to the bare metal and spray it with primer coat.

Then spray it with paint or go to a good place that paints it. Like I find with most body shops, they charge so much money to even paint a fender that sometimes when you sand it and get everything smooth, it’s cheaper to paint the whole car than just paint the top.

On my wife’s car, one time she got her fender bent and they wanted 500 bucks to fix the fender and paint it. So I said, the heck with that, and I put the fender on and took her to one of these paint places and they painted the whole car for 275 dollars. It looked good. In my opinion, why pay for just one part when you can get the whole thing painted?

3. Fixing damaged roof coating