Q: Fault codes P0098 and P0238 - 2011 Volkswagen Golf

Hi there..i have my engine fault along with EPC check light coming out while driving..when i went to the workshop and got my car diagnosed..the fault codes that appeared were P0098 and P0238..my mechanic here looked like they didn't know much about the car's problem..all they keep saying i needed to change new parts

Hi there. The two OBD-II error codes you posted including the P0098 OBD-II Trouble Code and the P0238 code are similar in many ways.

The P0098 code indicates that there is an issue with the intake air temperature sensor while the P0098 code is related to the turbocharger. If you’ve got the TDI Volkswagen Golf, the typical issue is that a sensor is damaged or dirty and needs to be physically inspected or replaced.

I recommend having a local mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, fully diagnose your Check Engine codes so that they can pinpoint the faults and proceed with the proper repairs.

3. Fault codes P0098 and P0238 - 2011 Volkswagen Golf