Q: Exterior door handle issues

In the process of vinyl wrapping my car, I removed the drivers side external door handle. I cannot get it to lock back in place. When I tighten the torx screw it pops the handle back out. I've tried turning it fully tight and fully loose and it still will not keep the handle locked in place. Therefore, I cannot open the door from the outside. Help!

A: The door handle will need to be installed w...

The door handle will need to be installed when the torx is at a position where the handle can be installed and slid forward. Then loosen the torx almost all the way until the lock can be installed and then tighten the torx until it’s tight. If you still need help, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to replace your exterior door handle issue for you.