Q: Exaust system warranty period?

We took the car to the dealer for noises that the car was making from underneath the engine and we were told we might have to pay for the exhaust system, I'm note sure if this is a cover under warranty item, we got this car brand new at the dealer, any advice would be helpful. Thank you

A: Hi! The exhaust system may still be under w...

Hi! The exhaust system may still be under warranty. It seems there are two things going on in your situation. Item number one is to determine the exact source of the noise on your Sentra. This should be able to be determined within a few minutes. I understand that the dealership service department already gave you their opinion. However, you may want to get a second opinion on the cause of the noise. A technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can help with this.

The next thing is to read your warranty to determine what is covered and what is not. That will be based on time since purchase and mileage on the car. It will also depend on whether the issue with your car is determined to be Nissan's fault or your fault. That's why I suggest a second opinion. Best of luck!