Q: Estimate for upper and lower ball joint replacement

I have a 2006 4runner sr5 with the 4.0L. My tells me the steering wheel shakes horribly around 45 mph. I have driven it and felt a slight vibration at 55. It isn't constant, some days it doesn't do it other days it will. I'm afraid if it's the ball joint it might completely collapse on her. Any suggestions?

Hi there:

In most cases the steering wheel vibration at these speeds are indicators of a tire / wheel balance that is off or has changed due to a wheel weight falling off or the the tire or wheel being struck by a pot hole or curb. It might also be a sign that lower control arm, ball joints or shocks / struts are failing as well on the 4Runner. To be certain as to the cause of this issue, you should have a mobile mechanic complete a vehicle is shaking or vibrating inspection first. This will permit them to diagnose the issue correctly and recommend the right service be completed.

3. Estimate for upper and lower ball joint replacement