Q: Engine suddenly shut off, did not start right up - 1970 Jeep CJ5

I drove the car to work as I usually do and when it was time to go home, it just started well but in the middle of driving it just shut off. I was in situations before, when I flooded it so much that it wouldn't start right up, so I waited as I used to do. Usually, it would start after a few minutes. This time, I waited much longer and nothing. The following day, I attempted to start it again, and there was a sound of the starter turning but no engine running. The lights also work. There is enough gas in the vehicle. What could be the problem?

The basics need to be checked. Both the fuel delivery to the carburetor and the ignition system should be looked at. Fuel supply to the carburetor including a volume measurement needs to be checked. In the ignition system, spark at the spark plugs, ignition coil operation, distributor, and ignition module all have to be verified to work if a no spark condition exists. One last thing to check, especially if you have flooding issues is compression. If the cylinder wall washout the oil coating the piston rings will not be able to seal the cylinder and there will not be enough compression for combustion. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the tools and expertise to diagnose the stalling issue so that it is corrected properly.

3. Engine suddenly shut off, did not start right up - 1970 Jeep CJ5