Q: Engine stalls a lot, starting to worry

After 80,000 miles, my 2006 Toyota Corolla began randomly stalling while driving. This happened the first time while I was going around a corner, but has since happened when braking or when changing lanes briskly. It is really affecting my confidence behind the wheel when I have to frantically restart the car randomly on the road! How do I fix this problem?

The problem you have encountered can be diagnosed by YourMechanic at your location if your car is not drivable or you feel unsafe driving it. The mechanic can check and diagnose your issue and check for computer codes. After a thorough check they can check for any recalls or TSB that pertain to your vehicle. I have checked into the issue you have stated and one recall may pertain to your vehicles power control module (PCM) or engine computer. Your VIN will need to be verified and checked for coverage by safety recall. The issue says the PCM cracks and damages internal circuits that can cause multiple problems from surges to stalls and no starts. YourMechanic can verify coverage of your vehicle and advise you on the best course of action.

3. Engine stalls a lot, starting to worry