Q: Engine replaced, check engine light on again

I've recently purchased this pre-owned van and it was showing the check engine light. So, I took it to the dealership. He diagnosed the engine failure and it had to be replaced. However, the dash shows the check engine light on yet again and I'm concerned that it might go out again. I found out that this is a very common problem with this make and model. What should I do? Is my engine going out?

Hello. There are several reasons why the Check Engine Light is on, but the Check Engine Light is not always an indication that the motor will need to be replaced. A Check Engine Light that is steady may indicate a serious problem that should be addressed as soon as possible. The best course of action here is to have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come out to and see what diagnostic trouble code has been stored in the car’s computer to turn on the Check Engine Light. After doing so, the certified technician will be able to diagnose the code and inspect the relevant systems thoroughly in order to recommend the necessary repair and resolve your issue.

3. Engine replaced, check engine light on again