Q: Engine, power steering, and power braking failed while driving, now won't start

While driving, my "check engine" and "at oil temp" lights came on. Accelerator, power steering, and power braking all stopped functioning, and the oil light also subsequently came on. There were no other electrical problems, noises, smoke or steam. When turning the ignition, the starter makes a smooth whirring or spinning sound, but there is no rapid clicking/firing noise like normal. What happened to my car?

The problem sounds like the charging system or battery failed. Have the vehicle jump started to see if it starts and have charging system tested with battery load tested to see if you need an alternator and/or battery.

3. Engine, power steering, and power braking failed while driving, now won't start