Q: Engine occasionaly and momentarily completely loses power, especially at freeway speeds.

Engine completely loses power for a few seconds, usually at sustained high RPMs. Power loss, and occasional periods of low power and difficulty starting increase over time. Mechanic has replaced ignition coils 3 times in the last 5 years which fixes the problem - for a year or so. My question is, what is causing such a high failure rate? There must be an underlying problem that is creating this unacceptable, dangerous, and repeated failure. Thanks for your time!

3. Engine occasionaly and momentarily completely loses power, especially at freeway speeds.