Q: Engine light was on and got DTC code P0713, but now engine light is off. does it mean issue is resolved?

asked by on July 20, 2017

Engine light was on and got DTC code P0713, but now engine light is off. does it mean issue is resolved? Its been a week light is not on again.

Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. You are correct in thinking that since the light has gone off, the computer is no longer detecting an issue. The code you pulled pertains to a transmission fluid temperature sensor. You may want to keep an eye on the engine temperature as well, and know that when your engine gets hot, so does your transmission. If the transmission fluid is dirty, it may be adding to the temperature increasing. There may not be an issue with the transmission fluid at all, and it may be the sensor starting to go out. Either way, you want to keep an eye on the situation. If the light turns on again, you will want to pay more attention to the issue. For more help with this or further issues, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr