Q: Engine knocks as a result of a valve problem

While driving onto the freeway, the valves started knocking severely and very loudly. I regularly change my oil with top quality engine oil. I visited a couple of auto-repair shops and both places stated that the engine needs to be replaced. They both said that the valves are worn out; plus, they heard a sound in the bottom of the engine. This information seems unbelievable to me. Please tell me what to do.

Your engine is a 3.5 liter not a 3.2. The dealer may have a limited service campaign for an oil line to the variable valve that can starve the valves for oil and cause a leak. This was a limited dealer campaign and your vehicle may or may not be covered, but a dealer can check to see if your vehicle is covered for the repairs.

3. Engine knocks as a result of a valve problem