Q: Engine dies randomly when travelling down the road

I cannot believe the problems I'm having with my 2011 Chevrolet Malibu! The car will randomly stop running from highway speed, and it died in the middle of an intersection the other day. The car has barely 54,000 on it, so I'm surprised that this is happening! I'm going to get it repaired, but how do I know that the problems won’t happen again? I can’t afford to have my car stalling out on me!

When these kinds of problems happen, it can cause you to lose faith in the reliability, safety, and security of your car. I have investigated your plight and even though there have been other similar problems; there isn’t a fix listed that specifically matches your issues. There are a few repairs listed that may help, but there’s no guarantee they would provide a permanent fix. One problem may be that a chafing harness behind the left rear seat is causing shorting in the harness, resulting in multiple issues such as the car not starting or reduced engine power. My suggestion would be to have YourMechanic do a complete diagnostic check to see if anything shows up before proceeding with any attempts to repair. The technician could also check to see if any Technical Service Bulletins (TSB) pertain to your issue at time of service.

3. Engine dies randomly when travelling down the road