Q: Engine belt and fan turned off but air is still flowing

I went to put freon in my Mazda and when I connected the hose to the low pressure port something came out rather than in and the engine belt and fan all turned off. But air is still flowing in the car it's not cool air. But the engine isn't running either.

Hi there. Typically this type of situation is caused by a broken AC Condenser. When the condenser breaks, the flow of refrigerant is stopped at the condenser on the low pressure side, which can cause the engine to shut down because an error code was created and detected.

Before you work on it again, you should contact a professional mechanic to complete a no-start inspection. This will allow them to verify why the belt drive stopped and is causing the engine to not crank over now.

3. Engine belt and fan turned off but air is still flowing