Q: A dealer changed the battery and cleaned the ETC last week, but my vehicle is still acting up. The indicator light comes off and on, but nothing is steady.

A dealer changed the battery and cleaned the ETC last week and the situation hasn't stopped. It drives good on flat surfaces but when the accelerator is applied to go up a hill or to pass the car then begins to stall out almost like it's being choked and the indicator light comes on. Sometimes you have to turn the car off and on again to resume.

Hi there. Check the spark plugs on the engine. Spark plugs that are burned will work but when demanded to create excessive heat, the spark plug may not be sufficient enough to keep the engine running. This would be similar to an airplane when it stalls in the air as the engine is starved for air it stalls out. In this case, as the engine is starved for spark, it stalls out. It is best to also perform a fuel injection flush to clean up the fuel injectors. This will help the engine and keep it from stalling on acceleration. If you need further assistance with your engine stalling on acceleration and up hills, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. A dealer changed the battery and cleaned the ETC last week, but my vehicle is still acting up. The indicator light comes off and on, but nothing is steady.