Q: When I go turn my car off and pull out my key, everything shuts off and a few seconds later the radio turns on without the key.

When I go turn my car off and pull out my key, everything shuts off and a few seconds later the radio turns on without the key. It plays for 2-3 minutes and shuts off. During this time, I cannot lock or unlock my car door.

Hi there. There is an issue with the ignition system in your vehicle. Check the wiring under the dash and see if any wires may have fell causing an to be stepped on or come in contact with other wiring. This can cause a short and make things in your car work for no reason. While the doors are unable to unlock, see if the drive door will unlock with the key manually. If the door does unlock manually, then open the door and open the hood. Remove the negative battery cable (-) and put a meter from the ground cable to the battery post. See if there is a full draw of 12.6 volts registered on the meter. If the meter has a full draw, then something is still on with the key out. Pull the fuse to the radio and retest this to see if there is any voltage draw from the ground cable to the battery terminal. If there is no more draw, then the issue lies within the radio. If not, then continue with other fuses until you find the circuit that is being energized. If you need further assistance with diagnosing your electrical issue, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• When I go turn my car off and pull out my key, everything shuts off and a few seconds later the radio turns on without the key.