Q: Driver's side windows do not properly function

The driver’s side windows are not properly functioning. The fuse is good. The back window goes down with only the door switch. The window switches on the console will only function on the passenger-side windows. I took the door switch out, put power to the harness and the window went up and down with direct power. The driver’s side windows seem to have a polarity issue. The passenger side windows work great. All of the window switches on the passenger side work properly. The switches are good. It is the harness that is having the problem. Can you tell me what is causing this?

If removing the driver door window switch (or the driver-side console switch), and applying direct power to the harness yields successful operation of the window, the problem is the switch that was removed for the test. This can be confirmed utilizing a voltmeter/multimeter, and following the "power path" from the fuse, to the switch, to the output side of the switch (harness plug side of the switch), etc. A YourMechanic technician can assist with the diagnosis of your window issue and help you fix it accordingly.